Monday, August 25, 2008

Football Baby



I'm starting to think that I'm becoming a football. Whenever I go somewhere with Mommy and Daddy, I get passed around from person to person like I'm a baton. Sadly, in the United States, batons get dropped with an alarming frequency, so I'd rather think of myself as a football. Besides the fact that it's clearly my Daddy's favorite sport, I like footballs, because the players are taught to cradle the football close to their bodies and maintain "5 points of contact" (Dad hasn't explained that one yet). I like the thought of being cradled and highly valued as I'm passed around, since we in the USA seem to value footballs more than batons.

I went to school with Daddy and spent most of my time being passed around from one stranger to another. I remember Annie and Angie, my Daddy's co-workers pretty well. Mainly, I know Annie best because she visited me in the hospital and never lets me go when she holds me. Some other strangers carried me around and I had to do so much smiling and giggling that I ended up so tired that I fell asleep in Daddy's class (He told me not to worry because I wasn't the first one to do this).

No comments: